Just like an umbrella, which is used to protect humans from the rain, the TinyUmbrella for mac is used to protect devices from loosing the older version of firmware and help us to downgrade the iOS version in future if needed. It is used mostly on iDevices.
Let us more clearly understand the meaning and function of the TinyUmbrella. It is widely used for saving the old firmware also known as SHSH in the device, which we can restore after the latest software update. It helps us in saving the older version of SHSH and allows us to downgrade it in the future even when the apple itself is not allowing us to do so.
Jailbreak process indicates getting the root access to the iOS that run on the iDevices such as iPhones, iPads, iPods etc. it also allows users to install and use third party unofficial apps on the device. It is also known as iOS jailbreak or jailbreaking. In other terms, jailbreaking give us the advance options on iDevices such as iPhones and iPods but on the other hand, it is not available on every iOS device and on latest version of iOS, jailbreaking seems very difficult thing to do. One easy thing we can do is downgrade the iOS version on the device but that too cannot be done in an official manner.
Please complete one offer from below to download TinyUmbrella
By downloading the TinyUmbrella for mac, we can downgrade it easily in future if needed by saving the SHSH blobs. An IPSW file of older version is needed for completing this process of downgrading to an older version.
We can use the TinyUmbrella for mac as well as the windows.
TinyUmbrella is a blend of two earlier tools. For using it on our device, we need to install and run Java and iTunes. Let us break the two terms and understand it more clearly.
- Tiny (TSS) – this is the local server, which is used to restore the older version and the SHSH file.
- Umbrella – this is used to store the SHSH (secure signature hash) file in the device and downgrade the same in future.
TinyUmbrella is used for other things also other than downloading and saving the SHSH blobs. TinyUmbrella can also be used in fixing the iOS devices, which stuck in recovery mode, and fixing iTunes.
IOS cannot be downgraded without software such as TinyUmbrella. Why?
It is because apple provides official firmware with SHSH blobs earlier but these days this has been changed now; the firmware does not come with SHSH blobs. Therefore, we have to use third party software to do so.
Downloading TinyUmbrella for mac:
After reading this, much we all know that TinyUmbrella is used for saving and restoring the older iOS version to the device but this is the software which does not work official or it does not work on iOS platform. Downloading it for mac is easy. We have to make sure that whichever device or PC we are using java must be pre installed in it.
Steps to download TinyUmbrella for mac:
First thing we have to do is to check all the downloads and installations and make sure that they are installed and running properly on the computer system which we are going to use for saving and restoring the SHSH blobs.
- Download java and TinyUmbrella for the iOS device from above and install it as mentioned in the screen instructions.
- Open and launch the TinyUmbrella program that is slightly similar to iTunes.
- Afterwards connect the device in which iTunes is running.
- Once the TinyUmbrella recognizes the device, it will automatically download and save the SHSH blobs.
- Once the downloading and saving process is done use them whenever you want.
For mac, users there are some key points to keep in mind while performing this process. Some users might complain about the error “255” while using TinyUmbrella program but by putting the device permissions in order can help in dealing with the error “255”.
However, after changing the device permissions if we still get the problem in running the TinyUmbrella program on the device we can follow these steps:
Disable the web sharing as well in addition to above steps.
In other words, we can say that TinyUmbrella is a non-infected program or software, which we can use without any risk. May some of the antivirus software show it as infected software. Using this program is a great benefit for many of the iOS users who want to downgrade their iDevices.
At last, I just want to conclude this blog by adding few more lines. TinyUmbrella is one the most effective and powerful program we have. It is the tool, which we can use for saving, downloading, and restoring the SHSH blobs and use them in future or whenever we want for downgrading the iOS version or switching back to the earlier version on the device without any great risk factor.
How TinyUmbrella works?
When we get a new version of the device or update the iDevices a tiny data is saved on the device automatically which is generally known as the SHSH blob. This SHSH blob holds some information of the firmware and the device, which is stored into an external file. It is stored in an external file because officially apple gives us only few days to downgrade the iDevice.
Features of TinyUmbrella program:
- We can download it from the Internet, which is totally free.
- These days it has a fully new interface, which helps us in understanding the software easily.
- Files that are downloaded are stored in an external file type.
- Adding and removing device is much more easy.
- It works automatically for many things like detecting and saving SHSH blobs.
- All the downloaded data is grouped under one file.
- It supports most of the iOS devices.
- It helps in fixing the recovery mode.
- It help in creating IPSW files.